THIS PROJECT IS HOSTED BY SHEALEA FROM THAT BOOKSHELF BITCH ( THE GORGEOUS HEADER WAS ALSO PROVIDED BY HER)
So you are not going to see any books here today ( i need y’all to save your wallets there’s a lot of spending to be done this year).
As a closing end to this wonderful project, i wanted to fully reflect on year 2018. I would be putting little aspects of my Journal in the list of things i learnt this year.
2018 for me was a challenging one. I had to adjust to coming back home and dealing with my fears that seemed larger than life. But through blogging, doing my NYSC and reading i was able to find myself and really define what i wanted to do.
So here’s what i have learnt this year
- If you don’t like it don’t do it even if everyone is doing it
- Feel everything (the good, the bad, the ugly, fear), write that shit down, cry if you need to and let it go
- Writing is therapeutic af
- Drop people who are not ready to grow with you and don’t feel bad about it
- As you pray for good things to happen to others don’t forget yourself
- walk away from topics or situations or conversations that you are not confortable with
- DO NOT ISOLATE YOURSELF (Please that’s when bad thoughts happen)
- Take a break when you are feeling uninspired
- You do not owe anyone any explanation about yourself.
- Self reflection is important for improvement
- Growth means one step at a time DO NOT SKIP ANY STEP
- In the words of all Nigerians I cannot come and kill myself in order words don’t let shit stress you
- There’s a fine line between Perseverance and giving up know where you stand
- DREAM BIGGER
- Spirituality and religion are different, at the end of the day a personal relationship with the big Gee matters
- Your body is your sacred space and temple don’t let anyone make you feel bad about it OWN IT
- If you want something so badly and you cannot get it now, remember this it will always be there or something better would replace it.
- Canva is you best friend
And thus concludes the #project14lists thank you Shealea i had fun doing this.
What lessons did you learn 2018 ? share them with me below.
Have a wonderful and prosperous new year!!!